Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Yesterday afternoon I installed the Fish Counter and the Tell a Fish! feature. And I've had 2 visitors!! wow wow wow! Fame and posthumous recognition are awaiting for me! Oops! delete posthumous. I am not dead. Yet. I have till the 5th September 2036.

Then there's the Alfred the Great connection. On Sunday we watched this programme on tv, the History of English (the ups and downs of the English language, very interesting) and of course, Alfred the Great was there. Yesterday we got another video tape, Simon Schama's History of Britain and there was Alfred again. Now it's a fact! Any first chapter of any history programme will mention Alfred! No matter if it starts with the Iron Age or with the Romans, the first chapter will always finish with Alfred.

So, of course, when I got this Tai Chi video tape, I was expecting to see Alfred, even if I am perfectly aware of Tai Chi being Chinese. Que hi farem! - which means something like "nevermind" in Catalan. Any better translations? Back to the Tai Chi video, Alfred was not there. And the poor quality of the teaching is unbearable. We managed the warming up, that's something. After that, all the positions became so complicated and so badly explained that we got frustrated and repeated the warming up while cooking some chicken with olives.


Haze
17°C
UV Index: 1 Minimal
Wind: From the Southwest at 17 mph
Dew Point: 14°C
Humidity: 85%
Visibility: 5 miles
Barometer: 1,009.5 mb

No comments: