Wednesday, December 08, 2004



Inspired by a comment by Hightoro ("Let's all watch Sci-fi movies then!")after his suffering when watching romantic flick Before Sunset , I thought about all the Sci-fi movies I've watched and liked in my life. And decided to put together a list, by alphabetical order, which you can see below. Clicking on the film's name will take you to the Internet's movie database file for each film. Because sometimes we don't remember the title of the film, but bells rign when reading the plot or seeing the poster. As I said, this is a list of films I like. You will notice 'outrageous' absences, like Space Odyssey by S Kubrick. Simply put, I don't like it. On the other hand, you will see B-films, cheap films, commercial flops and blockbusters. With excellent or terrible FX. Who cares if the ideas and characters are great. They are in the list because I like them. Because they made me laugh or scared me, or made me think or they inspired me. Whatever. I like them.

Sometimes it happens that you remember the plot but cannot remember the title of the film. This website : All Sci-fi can help! Although its design is not very attractive, the information is very good. Using the menus on the right-hand side of the screen, you can choose by different plots, actors and directors and find that film whose title you can't remember. I used it to find Silent Running and it worked! I could only remember giant spaceships carrying thousands of plants and trees to outer space to save them from a nuclear devastated Earth. Years later, when I saw the Eden Project , I thought 'gosh! like in that sci-fi film I saw when I was a child!'. Anyways, it's a good website to find those forgotten titles.
So...any sci-fi films you especially like?


Despues de leer un comentario de Hightoro ("Y si vemos de ciencia ficción y ya?") provocado por los sufrimientos que padecio al ver la pelicula romantica Before Sunset , me puse a pensar en todas las peliculas de ciencia-ficcion que he visto y que me han gustado. Y decidi hacer una lista, en orden alfabetico. La podeis ver abajo. Si haceis click en los titulos, os llevaran a la pagina correspondiente de la Internet's movie database de cada pelicula. Porque, a veces, no recordamos el titulo de la pelicula, pero al leer el argumento o ver el poster, todos decimos "ah si! esa pelicula! claro que la he visto!". Como he dicho, esta es una lista de peliculas que me gustan. Ya vereis que hay ausencias 'imperdonables' como Space Odyssey de S Kubrick. Simplemente, no me gusta. Por otro lado, hay un monton de peliculas de serie B, peliculas baratas, fracasos de taquilla y exitos comerciales. Con bonisimos o pesimos efectos especiales. Que mas da si las ideas y los personajes son excelentes! Si estan en la lista, es porque me gustan. Porque me hicieron reir, o me asustaron, o me hicieron pensar o me inspiraron. Lo que sea.

A veces ocurre que recordamos el argumento pero no hay manera de recordar el titulo. En esta web : All Sci-fi encontrareis ayuda! Aunque el disenio no es muy atractivo, lo que cuenta es la informacion que contiene. Usando los menus de la derecha, podeis buscar un titulo mediante el argumento, los actores y directores y encontrar ese titulo que no hay manera de que nos venga a la memoria. Use esta pagina para encontrar el titulo de Silent Running, que habia visto en mi niniez. Solo recordaba las enormes naves espaciales que contenian arboles y plantas, flotando en el espacio, a salvo de la devastacion nuclear que habia ocurrido en la Tierra. Anios despues, cuando vi el Eden Project , pense :"anda! como aquella pelicula de ciencia ficcion".
Y ya puestos, a vosotr@s...que peliculas de ciencia-ficcion os gustan?

My favourite Sci-fi films (in alphabetical order):

1984
12 Monkeys
Accion Mutante
Abre los Ojos
A.I. Artificial Intelligence
Akira
Alien
Alien Resurrection
Aliens
Alien 3
Apollo XIII
Armageddon
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Back to the Future
Back to the Future II
Back to the Future III
Batman
Battlestar Galactica
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey
Blade Runner
Body Snatchers
The Boys from Brazil
Brazil
The Butterfly Effect
Capricorn One
The Company of Wolves
A Clockwork Orange
Cronos
The Crow
Dawn of the Dead
The Day the Earth Stood Still
The Dead Zone
Delicatessen
Dr Strangelove
Earth Girls are Easy
Enemy Mine
Equilibrium
Escape from LA
Farenheit 451
The Fifth Element
Flash Gordon
Forbidden Planet
Frequency
Gattaca
Ghosts of Mars
Highlander
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
The Invisible Man
It
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
King Kong
K-Pax
Logan's Run
Mad Max
Mad Max II
Mars Attacks!
The Matrix
Memoirs of an Invisible Man
Men in Black
Metropolis (1927)
Night of the Living Dead
The Omega Man
The Philadelphia Experiment
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Planet of the Apes
Riverworld
RoboCop
Silent Running
Solaris (1972)
Soylent Green
Spider-Man
Stargate
Starman
Star Wars
Starship Troopers
Strange Days
Terminator
Them!
The Time Machine (1960)
Time after Time
Tron
Les Visiteurs
The War of the Worlds
Westworld
The X Files (the movie)
The 5000 Fingers of Dr T

No comments: