Friday, March 18, 2005


Auckland harbour

I was surfing for more information about a TV series I am watching in Sky Travel channel. It's name is "The Zoo", the life and adventures of real animals and their carers and vets in a real zoo, Auckland's in New Zealand. Anyways, from one thing I went to the other and ended up finding an information that would surely interest my mum. The tall ship Soren Larsen built in Denmark and used in the 1970s when shooting the BBC series The Onedin Line , is now based in Auckland's harbour and it is open to passengers for cruises. My mum would surely love a little trip on the Soren Larsen, as I remember she loved Captain Onedin's tempestuous life, unfortunately I don't see her going to NZ in the near future. As for me, I was a child at the time and cannot really what the series was about. I think I felt it was pretty boring. I'd rather watch Space 1999 . And you know, if I were to be given the choice now, I would probably choose Space 1999 again!


Estaba surfeando para encontrar mas informacion de una serie de TV que estoy viendo ultimamente en el canal Sky Travel. Se llama The Zoo y narra la vida y aventuras de los animales, cuidadores y veterinarios en un zoo real, el de Auckland en Nueva Zelanda. Pues de una cosa me fui a la otra y acabe encontrando una informacion que, seguramente, interesara mucho a mi madre. En el puerto de Auckland se encuentra el barco Soren Larsen , construido en Dinamarca, donde se rodo la serie de la BBC de los anios 70 El Capitan Onedin . El barco esta en estado inmejorable y abierto al publico, ofreciendo cruceros cortos y excursiones. A mi madre le encantaria darse una vueltecita con el Soren Larsen, porque recuerdo perfectamente que era una fan total de las aventuras tempestuosas del
Capitan Onedin . Desafortunadamente, no la veo precisamente viajando a Nueva Zelanda en un futuro proximo. En cuanto a mi, la verdad es que en mi niniez la serie me parecia aburridisima. Ni tan solo recuerdo de que iba. A mi, que me dieran Espacio 1999 . Y sabeis...si me dieran ahora a escoger, sin dudarlo escojo otra vez Espacio 1999.



The weather today:
Partly Cloudy
11C
UV Index: 1 Low
Wind: From the West Southwest at 17 mph
Dew Point: 8C
Humidity: 81%
Visibility: 10 miles
Barometer: 1,026.8 mb

No comments: