Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I mentioned bidding at Ebay last week. A colleague at the office told me to be careful, not to get too excited by bidding in Ebay. She said : 'you know, the E in Ebay stands for Evil!!!'. She was right. I became very excited with the auction process and bid for FOUR pairs of boots! I won the first pair. And then I panicked, as I thought I may win the other 3 auctions and end up with 4 pairs of boots. Fortunately, somebody else outbid me and got the 2nd pair of boots. But nobody outbid me for the third pair of boots. I am now the proud owner of two pairs of boots. And...if nobody outbids me again, in 2 days time I will be the proud owner of THREE pairs of boots. For the grand total 16GBP plus delivery. At least it didn't cost me an eye. This be a lesson to you : if fooling around with Ebay, do not spend more than 7GBP per item! You may feel a bit stupid winning 3 pairs of boots. But you will cope with that. On the other hand, you won't cope with being broke!


La semana pasada mencione que habia participado, por primera vez, en una subasta de EBay . Una colega del trabajo me advirtio de los peligros de Ebay, diciendome :'Ya sabes que la E de Ebay esta ahi por Evil' (malvado, diabolico en ingles). Y tenia toda la razon. Me entusiasme tanto con el proceso de la subasta que puse ofertas para 4 pares de botas. Gane el primer par. Y entonces cundio el panico, cuando me vi con cuatro pares de botas en casa! Por suerte, otro comprador gano el segundo par. Pero del tercer par, no me he librado. Son mias. Y aun queda el cuarto par. En un par de dias, podria verme como flamante propietari@ de TRES pares de botas por importe total de 16 libras esterlinas mas gastos de envio. Al menos, la broma no me ha salido cara. Porque eso si que os recomiendo, si vais a hacer el tonto en Ebay...no gasteis mas del equivalente a 7 libras esterlinas por articulo. Porque se sobrevive y se supera el ridiculo de acabar con 3 pares de botas. Pero no se supera el haberse gastado una fortuna en ellas!



The weather today:
Haze
9°C
UV Index:0 Low
Wind:From the South Southwest at 18 mph
Dew Point:7C
Humidity:83%
Visibility:4 miles
Barometer:1,01

No comments: